Events and opportunities with UNSA
This year UNSA students have already hosted multiple events on campus to promote joining UNSA including two summer Welcome Events. In August, UNSA will be hosting a Welcome Event Picnic for a meet and greet and for students to learn about what UNSA has to offer.
Some past events UNSA students have participated in are:
- Hosting a table at Vol Aware Street Fair to promote ways that students can manage healthy eating habits during times of high stress
- Partnering with Second Harvest to promote healthy eating to the community
- Volunteering at Beardsley Community and Broadened Horizons Organic Farm
- Hosting canned food drives for families in need for the holidays
- Attending a Dietetic Internship Assembly making connections with other students, faculty, and nutrition professionals
During fall semester, UNSA students plan to organize multiple events monthly including time with guest speakers that are nutritional professionals to discuss some of the experiences and requirements of their careers and how they got there. Students plan to host volunteer events as well as events to bring students together to build relationships and have fun during their time at UTK.
UNSA offers the knowledge of many great resume building opportunities such as partnering with faculty at UTK to assist in nutritional research, teaming up with the Knoxville Health Department to allow students to apply to serve as N.E.A.T (Nutrition Education Activity Training) instructors, and students both full and part time can apply for executive board or chair positions in UNSA to directly help plan and organize events throughout the year. Nutrition students are encouraged to reach out and ask any questions they may have. UNSA is fun and exciting way to get connected!
Join now! https://utk.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/unsa