KAND is happy to post your nutrition job on our website for KAND members. Jobs may be edited for space, and KAND reserves the right to refuse jobs not applicable for our membership and those otherwise deemed inappropriate (including type of position, region of the US and other factors). To submit a job, complete and submit the Job Posting form (we request that you do not submit listings directly to email@example.com). Please note that job openings will be posted for 30 days. After which they will be removed unless we are contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time Clinical Dietitian – University of Tennessee Medical Center
Hiring Organization: University of Tennessee Medical Center – Knoxville, TN
Hiring Organization Website: https://www.utmedicalcenter.org/
- Master’s degree (M.S.) or equivalent preferred; or one-two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. RD-eligible encouraged to apply.
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration; licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist with the Tennessee Department of Health-Related Boards.
Brief Job Description:
- Provides medical nutrition therapy to patients, training and education to nutrition to hospital staff, physicians, residents and students. Assures compliance with regulatory agencies, including JCAHO, related to nutrition care standards
- Virginia Turner
- (865) 305-9127
Full-Time Nutrition Educator – Second Harvest Food Bank of East TN
Hiring Organization: Second Harvest Food Bank of East TN – Maryville, TN
- High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Nutrition education and culinary experience preferred
- General understanding of evidence-based nutrition practices and ability to put personal nutrition opinions aside if not aligned with evidence-based practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to present information to a wide range of audiences, especially children and adolescents, in an inclusive and engaging manner
- Ability to work effectively with SHFB staff to achieve Nutrition Access Program and organizational objectives
- Ability to prioritize program and organizational needs
- Competence with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Canva or other graphic design platforms
- Competence with computer use and internet browsing
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Brief Job Description:
The Nutrition Educator works to further Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee’s nutrition education efforts, by organizing and leading classroom-style teachings geared to community audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm
Full-Time State Breastfeeding Coordinator – TN Dept of Health
Hiring Organization: TN Dept of Health, WIC
Applications will be accepted until: August 23rd, 2023
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in human nutrition, dietetics, education, or any public or community health field and possession of proof of registration in active status as a Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration and experience equivalent to three years of full-time professional nutrition work, two years of which must involve supervisory or program management experience.
Necessary Special Qualifications: Possession of proof of registration in active status as a Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained during employment in the Nutritionist 4 classification. A valid vehicle operator’s license may be required for employment in some positions.
Note: A transcript is required for a proper evaluation for this class.
Brief Job Description:
Works with Central Office WIC team to coordinate state breastfeeding program.
Full-Time Clinical Dietitian/Diabetes Educator – Covenant Health
Location: Perinatal Center, Knoxville, TN
Type of Position: Full-time
- One year ADA approved experience or MS Nutrition plus 6 month ADA approved experience.
- Registered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Must successfully complete registration exam (RD) and maintain credentials through continuing education.
- Educates and monitors nutritional care, manages physician ordered therapeutic diets. Provides nutritional education to Ft. Sanders Perinatals’ patients.
- Current RD LDN CDCES (CDE) is retiring. It is recommended you complete an on-line application and send your resume to email@example.com (with resume in subject line). Candidates should be interested in pursuing
- becoming a CDCES (Certified Diabetes Counselor & Education Specialist; previously called CDE)
- If you have any questions please contact Recruiter: Kimberlin Woods || 865-374-5403 || firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards.
- Documents all relevant aspects of nutritional care for patients in accordance with departmental standards.
- Performs nutritional assessments as determined. Requests patient food preferences and prepares patient diets.
- Attends health care team meetings regularly to discuss patient care needs.
- Educates patients on long term nutritional care through individual discussions, group classes and community speaking engagements.
- Writes modified diets and coordinates diet adaptations with house menus. Charts diets in medical records.
- Serves as an educational resource to nursing and medical personnel.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintains department records, reports and files as required.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Attend meetings as required and participates on committees as directed. Attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as hospital representative.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.