- Hill Day – March 14, 2012 – Please review the 3 documents below
- Sign the petition for CMS to reconsider their decision (CAG-00423N) to include Registered Dietitians as qualified providers of intensive beahavioral therapy for obesity.
- Preventing Diabetes in Medicare Act of 2011 (H.R. 2741): currently in committee for further deliberation after being introduced
- Breastfeeding Promotion Act of 2011 (H.R. 2758): currently in committee for further deliberation after being introduced
- Child Health Week – October 3rd-9th, 2011 – “A Healthy Tennessee Begins With A Healthy Me” is the theme for this year’s Child Health Week, which focuses on the importance of being a healthy, positive role model for children. Pledge to be a healthy role model for children by eating well and playing more! Taking this pledge is part of the Tennessee Dietetic Association’s “Let’s Move Initiative” lead by Dr. Marsha Spence, Research Assistant Professor from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Together! Healthy Knox – Advocate for the health of the Knox County community by participating in Together! Healthy Knox. This collaborative community effort plans to address the health priorities of Knox County through the central themes of participation, engagement and empowerment. For more information, or to become involved, visit www.healthyknox.org
- Let’s Move is a national campaign to increase physical activity and improve nutiriton. Check it out and get involved at http://www.letsmove.gov/
- Message Map for RD Communications (developed by TDA)
- RD Fact Sheet (developed by ADA)
- Additional congressional materials available at www.eatright.org. Select “public policy” from the left menu, then “public policy workshop 2012″, then click on the “congressional materials” hyperlink (in the ADA member resources box on the right-hand side of the page).
For more on legislative issues, to contact your representative, or to schedule visits for Hill Day, contact Shannon Looney: email@example.com