Joining our organization . . .
KAND is an active dietetic association in the Knoxville area. It is open to registered dietitians, licensed dietitians, dietetic technicians, registered, and nutrition students. Currently, KAND has over 200 members providing essential nutrition-related services to the Knoxville community. If you are a nutrition professional new to the area, join us for professional development, career growth and networking opportunities.
Click here to electronically send in the 2013-2014 membership application. If you would prefer to send a hard copy click on the link below to print out a hard copy. Once completed, follow the instructions on the form for submission. 2013-2014-KAND-membership-form copy
As a member of KAND, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with other nutrition professionals
- Stay abreast of current research with learning opportunities and continuing education hours at monthly meetings, seminars, including numerous Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)-sponsored teleseminars and other special events
- Impact food and nutrition policies at the local, state, and national levels
- Support the field of dietetics and nutrition on the local level by collaborating on clinical or community nutrition-related projects
- Market your professional services and business through KAND’s Knoxville Area Referral Directory for Consulting Dietitians
- Build your resume and leadership skills by serving on KAND’s Board of Directors
- Access over 200 members in KAND’s Membership Directory
- Join the KAND Mentoring Network for free! As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to recruit, shape, and nurture future nutrition professionals. If you are a student, you will have the opportunity to see RD’s in the practice setting and work on special projects as your career aspirations begin to take shape.
All professional members, except students, must maintain active membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Active (including students who are currently RDs)
Dues are accepted by the KAND Treasurer throughout the year.
- Join KAND
- Membership Form
- Leadership Nominations
- Board of Directors 2012-2013
- E-Mentoring Network
- Journal Club
- Eat Right Knox Shirts
Find a Dietitian
P.O. Box 50142
Knoxville, TN 37950-0142